Family Thrive for Parents and Carers
A six-week course to introduce you to the fundamentals of Thrive and how it works in practice
Have you ever wondered what's happening when your child:
- won't listen?
- answers back?
- has a tantrum?
Come on this course to find out about:
- how our brains develop
- how your right brain talks to your left brain
- why play and creativity are so important to you and your child
- how to support your child at times of change or difficulty
- everyday trigger times and how to keep calm
- how to be a
- how we use Thrive to support children at Hotspur
Learn about the amazing growth of your child's brain through childhood and help support their emotional development
The course is run by Steve Crosthwaite, a Thrive approved Course Leader who is an experienced Licensed Practitioner. Some sessions will also be supported by Leanne Pearson, who is a national Thrive Approach Trainer. It is suitable for anyone that wants to find out more about the Thrive Approach and particularly if your child currently has an individual Thrive plan in school.
To book your place or find out more please fill in the form below or speak to Steve in person at school. Please be aware of the course dates/times below, you must be available to attend all sessions:
- Wednesday 6th June 2018 - 9am - 11am
- Wednesday 13th June 2018 - 9am - 11am
- Wednesday 20th June 2018 - 9am - 11am
- Wednesday 27th June 2018 - 9am - 11am
- Wednesday 4th July 2018 - 9am - 11am
- Wednesday 11th July 2018 - 9am - 11am
As spaces on the course are limited we will be running further courses next academic year.